James joined AMG in 2012 for a brief period. Following a five-year stint as Managing Partner at one of the fastest growing firms in Brisbane, James returned to AMG as a Partner via a merge with his existing practice. James knew the opportunity to reunite with the wonderful team at AMG and incorporate the processes and experience of this mature practice was a fantastic next chapter for him and his clients.
James started out in a large second-tier firm. He quickly rose to the position of senior manager. James then formed a practice, together with Ryan Grebert and within five years they had established a boutique city-based practice with a very strong clientele across all industries.
James combines real-world business proficiency with innovative thinking to deliver premium accounting solutions for his clients. He enjoys being integral to the growth and development of all business clients by providing appropriate advice tailored to specific accounting and business needs and strategic guidance for growth and wealth creation.
James is an avid golfer. So, when he’s out of the office, you’ll likely find him teeing off on the nearest golf course. When he’s not working on his swing, James likes spending quality time with his wife, young children, family and friends.
Qualifications and memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Master of Commerce
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, holding an Institute issued current Certificate of Public Practice
- Registered Tax Agent and Registered SMSF Auditor
James specialises in:
- Business and taxation advice to a diverse range of clients across multiple industries including health, retail, manufacturing, property development and professional services
- High net wealth individuals
- Privately-owned companies
- Self-Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF)